April 24, 2012

Well hello there

Post have been somewhat few and far between these days.We've been busy with this and that [I say this and that because I really can't really remember what we've been doing]. I know that I've tried to sit down and write, but my brain feels all over the place. Energy has returned to my body, but without asking my opinion it's carrying me everywhere, catching up on some things and starting other things. I feel like one of those spin art contraptions at the fair. My weeks are zooming around and around, while I'm taking what life throws at me and hoping that in my chaos I'll create something beautiful. Just the fact that it is no longer tax season will help me get a better grip on my days and allow me to take breath at work. There will still be projects, but [hallelujah!] not 20 calls a day with people complaining and asking ridiculous questions. Hopefully my faith in the human race will also return to me.

In other [more exciting] news, Max and I leave in 5 days for Cali! I think this might be the biggest culprit in the case of my scattered brain. The last couple weeks I haven't been able to think of much else. For many people a simple 4 day getaway would be nothing too exciting. But for me, the simple fact that I am getting on a airplane and leaving the northwest is a joyous occasion. It's been almost 4 years since I've been on a plane, and for someone who's greatest joy is foreign adventures, that's quite incredible.
We don't have much on the agenda other than walks and reading by the ocean, window shopping, yummy food, and the San Diego zoo. I've heard a lot of moms and dads say they wish they would've had one last little getaway before they had kids, and so we are doing just that. It's not Paris or Hawaii, and it won't be 80degrees, but there will be palm trees instead of pine trees. It's a new place with my husband. That's enough for me.

Here's a few snapshots to highlight the last couple weeks
[for those of you who don't read, but just skim through for pictures]

[Band Time]
We just finished all the tracking for our next ep.
And had a fun little outdoor [aka kinda cold and not very many people] show in Moscow.
[Neighborhood Strolls]
What wonderful weather we had this weekend...
&My husband is the best.
[New hat]
I look a bit gypsy/cowgirl-ish.
But I'm alright with it.
 
I've tried taking pictures of "the bump", 
but right now it just looks like I've been eating a lot of milkshakes.
Which I haven't.
Too much.

love to you all.

C.

1 comment:

  1. Aaaw Cair, I can't wait to see you! Have fun on your mini getaway. That's the best, a new place with your husband. And I'm sure your little bump is cute as ever. I can't wait to see it:)

    ReplyDelete