April 12, 2013

No amount of perfect planning or positive thinking can get us out of negativity. It's sticky stuff. It takes desert wandering, belly of a whale dwelling to free us; chafing and scraping of self-interest to realize that underneath it all is something delicate, something clean. Life can bring pricks and pokes, but forming a thick layer of doubt doesn't keep our lives safe. It seals our heart-mind-spirit from receiving joy-peace-hope. Grace didn't come to allow hurt, it came to bring a rainbow after a storm, wine after crushing.

No explanation can be offered for failures and slip ups. But plenty of answers can be found in choosing joy-peace-hope.


4 comments:

  1. Hello,
    My name is Ashley. I stumbled upon your blog the other day & must say - I LOVE your blog header. :)
    I have a funny question. I would like to do something similar, make something with the same idea for my blog header. It would obviously be different, but I like the anchor & the blue ombre font. Would it be okay if I took this idea? I wanted to ask first, so I had your permission. :)
    Let me know. Thank you! -Ashley

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind. :) Most art is recycled, re-created anyways.
      As long as you don't make millions off of it and forget the source of your inspiration. ;)

      Delete