April 20, 2014

Spring Clean

Winter whispered to go and hide, to be covered in blankets and let dreaming die. Now I require a spring cleaning of the heart- To be purged of excess cares, brush away dust that's accumulated on faith, and let my skin feel the warmth of friendship. Spring is here to call me out, go find the sun, and stretch my legs. Air crisp and cool has quickly cut to the core of all my vain efforts, exposing the dead branches of worry. Today I can trim back the hedge, my failed attempt at coverering the unkempt grounds of my heart. Today I can boast that dead things can become alive, and not by positive attitudes or perfectly laid out plans. Today I can surrender to love that is not earned and grace that I did not buy. Today I can be found as I am, and be glad.




No comments:

Post a Comment