March 21, 2012

Treats For Me, Treats For You

I've been in the mood to bake lately. But I don't think I can attribute this to the pregnancy, it's just the plain fact that I love treats! What I can say about being pregnant is that I realize how quickly we live our lives. Max and I have the tendency to jam-pack our days and weeks, and before we know it they're gone. There are so many books I want to read and recipes I want to try, and it really bothers me that I don't do these things more. So the next 7 months I want to focus on doing "me things". All the little things that bring me joy and satisfaction. It doesn't take a few dozen moms telling me to know that my life is going to change in a very big way. And the little "me things" get put on the bottom of a very long list of to-dos. [Luckily I love things like snuggling little babies and kissing their soft cheeks.]
sigh...

In the meantime, here are some treats I've tried and highly recommend you try as well!
[I'm horrible at taking pictures of things I make, so the recipe pics will just have to do.] 

 These I made the other night for some friends. They were absolutely delicious, but very rich. I did a half recipe for the four of us, and I think I could have easily divided them up for six. Next time I do them I think I might add a little extra chocolate something on top. Very peanut buttery, and very good.


 These I made for a light breakfast. It really helps with the nausea to eat something in the morning, but at the same time I don't like eating early in the morning. I've been getting bored with toast and english muffins, so these are just the ticket. They don't have a really strong flavor, but they are delicious. And when they're fresh out of the oven they melt in your mouth. I would say they are more similar to coffee cake than your traditional muffin. Next time I bake them I'm going to add a dash of cinnamon to the batter instead of just in the topping. But I'm big fan of cinnamon.


 These aren't sweet, but they're yummy. Unfortunately I was too inpatient and should have let them rise longer because mine didn't turn out very fluffy. I know that was my error.


Well I guess that's it for now. 
Feel free to share any of your favorite recipes!


No comments:

Post a Comment