March 13, 2012

Update-a-Roo

I feel that I should apologize for my lack of blog posts over the last month.
And then I think about everything that has been going on-

One of the most exciting events of our lives has transpired over the last few weeks.
We have discovered that there is a little babe growing in my belly!
People ask if it was "planned",  and in the eyes of God, most definitely.
And that is more than enough for us.
We had felt for a little while that the adventure of parenthood was just around the corner,
so we surrendered our worries and ideas, and let God do whatever He wanted.
We feel so blessed that God has decided to entrust us with this little one.

I saw a card like this on a blog and thought it' d be a fun way to tell our friends and family.
So I made our own little version.

Last Wednesday we had our first doctor's appointment and got to have an ultrasound.
Here's our first shot of the little guy/gal-
I can tell already it's gonna be a cutie.

Max and I have decided it makes all the difference in the world to have a doctor who you feel comfortable with. Ours was so calm and reassuring about everything. I've heard a lot of moms talk about pressures and concerns their doctor unnecessarily put on them. But I felt that ours lifted those off and released us to be excited and celebrate this joyous miracle.

As for the event of pregnancy, or as I like to say "growing a baby"- holy smokes. I didn't doubt the tales and woes of pregnant mommies. But they have now moved from the "stories" category to the "reality" category. Morning sickness is a lie. It's all day, and middle of the night sickness. So far no throwing up, but some days I think it might make me feel better. The worst part of it all is the exhaustion. I got a cold around 5 weeks so my energy level was -700. No fun at all. But whenever the sun manages to come out, it makes a world of difference.

Oh, and did I mention that in the midst of this excitement Max and I have been started the process of buying a house? Before we knew about the baby [but right about the time we got pregnant] we decided we would give it a go and see what happend. We were so surprised when everything went through for a decent enough home loan and just put an offer in on a house last week. It could take months to hear back from the banks that have to approve our offer, but if it's the right house it will work out. And in the meantime we're still looking around to see if something better pops up. With a little baby on the way and the market so buyer-friendly, it seemed foolish to not take this step. Though it can be pretty overwhelming to think about.

All in all, I would say we are in the midst of some exciting times.
And prayer is absolutely of the essence!


C.
&baby

2 comments:

  1. What a beautiful and memorable time for you and Max! So delighted to hear about it. Thank you for sharing. Sending many blessings your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carrie, congratulations on this new joy in your lives! God bless you two (three!)

    ReplyDelete