February 17, 2011

Change Inspires Ideas.

I recently made a rather life changing decision. In fact, I feel my last year majorly consisted of life changing decisions. Married. Moved out. New church. New job. New piercing.
New. New. New!
Often, change can be really difficult and uninvited, fortunately that is not the sort life has been serving me up. For both my husband and I we've been experiencing the kind, "with unveiled face, beholding as in a mirror the glory of the Lord, are being transformed into the same image from glory to glory, just as from the Lord, the Spirit." (2 Corinthians 3:18)
This change is good. Even if it has nothing to do with health care.
Back to the most recent decision, a few weeks ago I resolved to take a plunge into new-ness. After growing out my hair for almost 4 years, I chopped it all off. I conquered the fears of looking like sonic the hedgehog or a little boy. And I really love it. But I was needing more. Personality in my hair. It sounds pretty ridiculous, and somewhat vain, I have to admit. But if I can't express, I will become quite a mess. So inspiration burst through the door one day as I was filing documents and filling out forms. It was so rewarding to go home from work that night and spend a few hours playing around and creating. Now I'm addicted to them. It's hard for me to leave the house without some sort of felted insect or conglomeration of buttons in my hair. Who would ever want to pass up on such fun? I don't know anyone.
It's a simple story, but has put an encouraging thought in my mind.
The moral is this, when change comes knocking at your door, allow it inspire you, and take you further than you have been before.

No comments:

Post a Comment