September 20, 2011

Word Me Up

So as I was browsing the Merriam-Webster Online Dictionary I found a rather amusing category- New Words & Slang.  I know there's urban dictionary and all sorts of other online sources for slang definitions, but these were unoffensive and non-crude [which equals cool and possessing of some intelligence in my book]. 

 Here are a few of my favorites, which I have either used previously or will now add to my vocabulary:

backseat browser (noun) : a person who reads a computer screen over the shoulder of a computer user

technostress (noun) : stress or frustration as a reaction to technology

buttload (noun) : a very large amount

fantastical (adjective) : extremely fantastic

ragequit (verb) : to become angry and quit a game or other activity

flirtationship (noun) : a casual relationship based on flirting without serious involvement

Pretty great right?
And thus I have been prompted to start a weekly post with a word of the week and short little poem-of-sorts featuring the word.  The words won't necessarily be slang, just whatever I find to be intruguing that week.
I have yet to decide on a good name for the post, but Tuesday shall henceforth be...WORD AND POEM-INCLUDING-THE-WORD DAY...until I can come up with a better title.

2 comments:

  1. LOVE it.

    also, I hate backseatbrowsers. glad there is a specific term for this now.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha those are all hilarious. I think I like ragequit the best.

    ReplyDelete