March 21, 2011

It's the Little Things

Over the weekend I got a down-right-awful head-cold/fever/cough.
I got to spend a good amount of time in bed resting up, and having freakish dreams.
Beside that I was reminded of how much I love "the little things." Happiness rarely evades me. It doesn't take a whole lot to make me smile or laugh. It's usually pretty difficult not to. Some days I walk out the front door to go to work and start laughing at the squirrels running around our yard, imaging them to be frantic and frazzled.

So when there's not a whole lot one can do, it's wonderful to have someone that will bless you in all the little ways. Max and I have both been astounded at how quickly, and how often, we are given opportunities to live out the vows we spoke on our wedding day.

He had bought me flowers earlier in the week and while he was at work it made my heart so incredibly happy to look at them on the table and know how blessed I am to have such a sweet husband. It is a great mystery to Max how a small bouquet of flowers can make a woman so thrilled.
again. and again. and again. and again.
Every time I walk into the room, in fact.


My Mom used to buy us milkshakes when we were sick. Or maybe it was only when I had strep throat several times in a year. And when I had my wisdom teeth pulled. Anyways, my doting husband carried on the tradition and went bought me one while I napped. Strawberry. Although the dairy was terrible for my cough, I thoroughly enjoyed it.


Fresh sheets on the bed are great. Fresh sheets on the bed when they are Hotel Collection are incredible. As I climbed into bed that night there were several words of praise and thanks coming out of these lips.



Thankfully my cough has subsided and the fever is gone. The gravelly voice I struggled to use at work this morning has mostly mellowed out. My eye isn't twitching incessantly. Now I'm just a sniffling, sneezing girl, with clogged ears. A beautiful picture to imagine...

All this to say,
Good Health to You!



No comments:

Post a Comment