April 18, 2011

Hanging Reminders


I really love clothespins. Especially little miniature ones. In my before-marriage days I had strung twine across my walls and clothespinned pages from magazines of interesting advertisements and inspiring fashion shoots. It then became littered with pictures of the adorable nieces and nephews, and then little notes and letters from Max.
For the wedding I really wanted to incorporate pictures of our childhood, various adventures, and the journey of us together. The venue where we did the wedding had a big whiteboard, so I sewed up a quick slipcover for it and strung our pictures across.


It turned out really fun and we love this image capturing both of our lives in one single shot.

Max and I had talked about doing something similar in our house, but I didn't want it to look to chaotic or overwhelming. I really can't stand living in clutter and disorganization. Saturday I had a good amount of "me time" and thought it would be fun to put up little pictures of places I want to go visit someday. So I did some online image hunting, printing, cutting, and hanging.


This is my reminder to not settle for staying where I am and keep believing in the dreams and desires in my heart, even when they seem far fetched and blurry. I hung it above our long mirror in the hallway. I love bringing cheer and "carrie-ness" to all the random places in our house.

Also, here's a bit I wrote that I frequently come back to as an encouragement that travelling doesn't have to be a "bug" we get over, but a way of life.

There’s an itch in my feet, a sigh in my lungs, a burning in my heart. Origin unknown, but conclusion indubitable, I must travel.  From whence this all came, and how I will be cured, ‘tis unknown.  With so much left to explore, monotony is unthinkable, and sure to hatch insanity.  There must be way. A time and place. But how to get there and when to arrive?

No comments:

Post a Comment