April 2, 2011

Drip.Drip.Drop.Little April Showers

 
I don't know if I have ever been happier to have April arrive. Yesterday was gorgeous, with a sunset that made my heart spring with hope that maybe, just maybe, warmer weather and bright colors are on their way! It was fantastic. And today I awoke to the rain drops beating down. I really like it actually. Today it comes with peace and gentleness. It reminded me of something I had written a quite a while back. It was actually one of the first little bits of writing that I ever showed to my now husband. Here's to April showers, and the soon-to-come flowers!


Dreams like raindrops are falling from the Heavens. 
You get that one, while I chase after this. 
We’ll catch them in our jars and watch them bloom. 
Whatever we do, we mustn’t put a lid on the jar and set them on a shelf. 
For then death will be certain.
Curling up to become as potpourri, creating the stinging aroma: What Could Have Been
No, we’ll take them everywhere we go. 
We’ll show them to all the nooks and the crannies of our lives, bringing their light. 
Dreams caught in our jars are our buds of hope. 
They’ll change the world. 
And when the moment arrives, 
After we’ve nurtured and fortified them all we can, 
We’ll let them go free to finally fall into the earth. 
But this time they fall with purpose and spring up with new life!

 

2 comments: