April 9, 2011

Springing Into Creativity and Productivity

Now I am sure of it, spring has sprung! I always know when the season has really changed because I get this wonderful itch to create. I spent one evening this week making little hair clips and headbands. Another little chunk of time making a tissue paper for a friend's birthday, which led to me getting very carried away and making one giant flower for our branches, and then scheming about more wall art. I absolutely love making things. Even if they're not immaculate works, I did it myself, and that is enough for me! I was also very excited when we got our pictures in the mail. We had gotten several black frames for Christmas and I have been dying to get some of our wedding prints in them and up on our walls. Friday afternoon the husband and I spent a couple hours working out a decent structure and now we can finally can sit on our couch and look at something much more attractive than a blank wall.
I have to say that I am very pleased with the way things are turning out. Project by project we are turning our house into a home. I still have a big thing of fabric that needs to become our bedroom curtains, and a heap of gold frames that I need to print the images for and hang in our bathroom (I've always wanted to hang lots of pictures in a bathroom and transform it from a loo to a louvre). But these last few days have been so productive, I am sure they can wait.
I would also like to mention that I gave the inside of my car a good clean, which after a nasty winter, was a very fulfilling transformation. Even more exciting is the fact tomorrow will be the end of Max's last weekend of night shifts! Goodbye lonely nights, and hello to similar schedules. Glory be! And that is far more wonderful than any house decorating advances could ever be.

Here are some pictures to log the fruit of my labors. Enjoy!





























No comments:

Post a Comment