July 14, 2011

A Dreamer

I think I've mentioned it before, but one of my heros is Harriet Tubman.
I really don't know too much about her, but what I do know, I am  provoked by.
 I've been wanting to read a good book on her life and this title stuck out among the many. Perhaps for vacation.

Anyways, I just read and now love this quote by her [I'm a sucker for quotes].
"Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world."

What an amazing woman. Reading that, I felt she was speaking right to me. Too many times I tell myself I can't do it.
I don't have what is necessary, and then I give up, or at least slow my run to walk.

In the last week I have been [attempting] to make the sacrifices that simply must be made- pride, sleep, my priorities.
It has been three days of waking up earlier and though it's only a half-hour, I feel the differance.

Last night I had a great little chat with another girl about how insignifcant we can feel in comparison to our dreams.
I was telling her, but I think I needed it just as much.
Here's the deal:

1. God gives dreams and prophetic words to us, well aware of who we are and what we posess.
It's not our job to make ourselves who or what we think we ought to be. We are to take what we've been given, and invest our whole selves in it. The dreams are not meant to be heavy things, but rather a push in the right direction. 

2. Normally things look smaller when you are far away, but with dreams they can look so huge when they are ways off. If we just keep walking with what we have, trusting the path before us, soon we'll be face to face with our dreams and realize how possible they really are. 


Well Cathedral Pearls has another show tonight, and hopefully my synth cooperates this time. 

<3

CJ.

No comments:

Post a Comment