July 26, 2011

Resort

Today I find myself looking to the weekend with... apprehension. I know the word is a bit strong for my current emotions. But it is fact that I lean towards the dramatic side of things. It can get pretty boring if you don't, right?
We've got two concerts, a wedding, and then a few days of vacationing with my family.
And at least 22 hours of driving. [Why is it that road trips always sound fun, but once you're half way you just want to be done and out of the car?]

I found these fun Resort Collections yesterday and was very much wishing that I could get away with the budget and look of their vacationing attire. My personality alone tends to attract some attention [not purposefully, despite the opinion of some].  And the non-presence of my denim skirt, bikini top, bronzed and oiled skin, belly button ring, and latest edition of People magazine is just another prop  for this sore thumb. No worries, I'm already over it. Just enjoying the drama, once again.

Anyways I think these outfits are smashingly cute.
The bow sling-back shoes are calling my name!

In other [more personal and less vain] news, I am very excited to start up this fall in a Writing Essentials class by the Christian Writers Guild [go here for more info].  I have been looking at different online learning opportunities and this particular one came highly reccomended by a friend. Of course I have no idea where it will lead, but I know that in writing I come alive, and I know that God loves it. Good reasons, right?
I also love this verse from 1 Corinthians 13:12-
"For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then face to face. Now I know in part, but then I shall know just as I also am known."

So come fall, you can expect some professionally edited works from yours truly.

Until then, I will continue to cram my summer days with music, projects, and work. But mostly...
jus' hangin out.

3 comments:

  1. oh Cair, a writing class sounds amazing! can't wait to see some of your work! Love ya girl. I'll be in your same city in 2 weeks. Morning coffee date please? I wanna catch up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it. can't wait to read some writings!! and i made it on your blog! o.m.G!

    ReplyDelete
  3. B- Coffee date pho sho. I am getting more and more excited for the class.
    M- You're a beaut.

    ReplyDelete