May 4, 2011

M.O.T.H.E.R.S

After my last post I've been thinking a lot about mothers and how incredible they are. I really am baffled by them. They are the everyday heroes of our lives.
Mothers Day is coming up and this year I am looking forward to a chance to show my appreciation. I think the events of the last year have made me especially thankful. Love and support go a long long way when there's a lot of change and transitioning. And I couldn't have asked for two more wonderful mothers.

A few years back I took a creative writing class which proved very interesting. I'll just say this part and save the rest for another time: I discovered that which let the life and all that was inside of me out. I am no athlete, scholar, or doctor, and the music thing is still a bit rough, but in writing, I came alive. It was fantastic. One of our assignments was to take a break from class and find inspiration from outside objects. This is what I saw and heard:

Our Mother's words were as a handrail,
Strong and stable to her followers.
Rain, snow, shine- they remained.
Sometimes we ignored them,
Convinced we could keep our balance.
But then came the ice,
And grip with our toes we might,
We could not refuse her safety.
So our hand sought her guidance.
And though the ice melted,
Weariness took its toll,
And our feet proved too weak,
To support our sagging frame.
So our hand sought her guidance.

Anyways I thought I would pass along some very useful links to help out those who want to show some love this Mother's Day.

Here's some fantastic tutorials (from one of my very favorite blogs) if you have a little spare time this weekend to make a very special gift.

Here are a couple download-able cards.
(If you are like me and hate paying $5 for a cheesy card from the store)
I think they are pretty fun because you can just drag them into your word processor and add any sort of text.
{summer soiree}
{orange stripe&scallop}

Or you should just buy something from her shop.

No comments:

Post a Comment