May 10, 2011

Rolled Paper Flower Bouquets

Last post had some fun ideas for Mother's Day, so I thought I would share a couple pictures of what I made. I did have high hopes of detailing the journey in wonderful little shots, but my hands ended up with hot glue strings and red burn marks, and thus a bit preoccupied. So, I'll skip to the end product.






I had a lot of fun making them. It took a couple practice flowers to figure out the right thickness of the strips, then getting the layers to stay in place, and trying to arrange them in the vase was a bit harder than I thought. The Mothers both loved them though, MISSION ACCOMPLISHED! Max and I just made a jolly little piece of decor for our birthday "soiree" and I'm trying to think of a couple more ideas to spruce up the house before Sunday. No stress is number one priority though, so may the force of simple, unique creating be with me!


(and you too!)

No comments:

Post a Comment