June 19, 2012

A Nesting Bug

Max and I have been on the journey of house hunting since the beginning of the year. Initially we were up in the air with it, happy with the little house we were renting and willing to wait a while if need be. Then I don't know what happened, but something hit me. Perhaps it was the thought of having a new house with a new interior layout, the need for change, or the nesting bug [I consider this to be more of a cleaning and making comfortable than baby-proofing]. Whatever the cause, I have become overtaken with the itch restyle my house.

Right now we are waiting for our offer to be approved by the bank, which could take another two months. The thought of moving just before the baby comes is harrowing. Not only because I won't be able move things around with a huge belly, but because I want to feel settled in the home I bring my first little one in to. I'm trying to fight off anxiousness and instead gather ideas for what I want our new space to look like and how I can do it without breaking the bank.

I'd like to start with the living room. I love our couch and chair a couple other pieces, but I'm ready for a bit more styling. Cluttered rooms really bother me, both with stuff and colors. Clean and clear is key.

Once we get into our new house and I know what I have to work with I want to do a different rug, curtains, and pillows, and find some big art pieces.  Of course there are a million gorgeous living rooms that are big and open and grandiose, but our new house won't have that. Utilizing the floor plan/space and budget are key in my re-designing.

Anyway, here are some of my inspirations-







1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.


Next up, dining room inspiration!



1 comment:

  1. I love picture number three! And ditto on the whole making a new space home without breaking the bank thing... I've been trying to think of it as a fun challenge - just taking one little thing at a time.

    ReplyDelete