June 1, 2012

Milk & Wine Over Time

A friend posted a simple phrase that set me on a trail of thoughts.

"time. amazing what it can do."

The events she was referring to, I am unsure of. 
But it prompted some musings in my heart.

It's a pretty well-known fact that I am disgusted by milk. I have been since I was little. I thought it was cow pee. Understandable right? Of course I love cheese, ice cream, and lattes [as long as they're hot and not over 12oz]. But to this girl, plain cold milk is gross. It really hits rock bottom when it goes bad. I'm certain that sour milk is one of the worst smells on the planet. Some serious vomit-inducing odors there.

And then there's wine. I enjoy a little here and there. The smell, or rather perfume, it possesses I find quite enjoyable. And doctors say that in moderation it's good for your heart.
[I have yet to find a food or drink that is good for your body in excess]

So here's the deal.
Milk over time = bad. very bad.
Wine over time = better and better.

This isn't completely random information. 
I was thinking about all of this in relation to the contents of our hearts. 

Bitterness and unforgiveness, fear and worry. Those are like milk. We think they make us stronger, more independent people, but in truth they are disgusting and sour everything in our lives. 

Hope, faith, and love. They are like wine. A sweet aroma and as they age they acquire more flavor and value.

I don't want to have a heart stained by the remnants of things I couldn't control. Instead I want it to be brilliant and bright with the knowledge that there are things greater than I can make happen on my own.


And now this trail of thoughts has ended.
Laundry time!

20 weeks
Feeling good!



1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts. And it's so fun to see that beautiful baby bump of yours!

    ReplyDelete