May 30, 2012

Baby Girl Clothes: Frills & Thrills

One of my first thoughts after finding out we are having a baby girl was, "Carrie, prepare yourself for the onslaught of pink." I'm not completely opposed to pink, a little touch here and there is nice. But the overcoming power of it frightens me.

This weekend while in search of maternity clothes [that were remotely fashionable and decently priced], I decided I should buy the baby's first outfit to celebrate finding out the gender. Unfortunately [or maybe it was fortunate?], everything in stores is summery. Since the baby will be born late October I thought she probably won't wear little rompers and sundresses. For the first few months I think it will be mostly layettes and cozy, cuddly outfits. Thinking about snuggling up with my little babe makes my heart swell with joy and excitement.

I decided to put together a little board of some girly [but not solely pink] items that I like. Just for funsies. Once there are more fall/winter clothes in stores I'll have to do another one.

Trousers: Zara; Shoe: Baby Gap; Hat: Baby Gap
Yellow Romper: Nordstrom; Pink Dress: Zara
Gingham Romper: Nordstrom; Cardigan: Baby Gap


I'm really excited to be taking a short little trip to Seattle this weekend for a friend's wedding. I am sure it's going to be absolutely gorgeous. Max can't come because of work, so I'm bringing my sister as my date. Now that I'm married and moved out we don't spend as much time together, just the two of us. It should be a fun time. I'm hoping I don't laugh so much that I pee my pants. Sister times can get a bit out of hand. I'm especially looking forward to a little stop at Gap Outlet for some baby and maternity clothes.

What are your favorite stores for baby and maternity clothes?


No comments:

Post a Comment