May 24, 2012

A Season To Enjoy

As I bit into a deliciously flavorful strawberry the other day I thought to myself how wonderful fruit is when it's in season. Right around my birthday the strawberries start to get really good and so I usually have something strawberry for dessert. I think of it as a celebration not just of my birth, but the summer that is on it's way. But this time of year I don't buy apples, they're just bland. Strawberries and apple are both good things, but the thing that's in season is so much better.

I've been thinking about things "coming into season" and asking the Lord what those things are for me. Sometimes I stuff my life with so many concerns that I can't be open or receptive to the beautiful things around me. How unpleasant for the Lord [or my husband] to come to me expecting life and sweetness, but instead get a rough and dry response. I don't like my fruit like that.

So I'm teaching myself to enjoy this season. To choose excitement of the life growing inside of me, instead of worry. To enjoy this bonding time with my baby, instead of rushing around to get things done. To browse the internet for baby things, instead of thinking about what we can and can't afford. To wear fitted shirts and loose skirts, instead of thinking about summer dresses that won't fit. Enjoying. Every. Detail.

I had [or rather, am getting] the revelation that it makes no difference the fears I have, I really don't control what comes into and goes out of my bank account. No amount of worrying will add an extra zero to our balance. I wish that wasn't so hard to remember.

So for now...


flower background: lulie wallace


2 comments:

  1. That is my all time favorite verse! I especially like the translation that says that she LAUGHS at the future. That one really inspires me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Carrie, how I so relate...thank you for this lovely post- it refreshes me. :)

    ReplyDelete