May 11, 2012

Oh baby, this is for real.

I'm not sure if it can be attributed to physical changes, or if our getaway last week gave me some much needed processing time, but in the last week I've gained a new excitement in the reality that there truly is a baby in my belly.

I shared about our trip to San Diego, but I thought I would give some updates on baby.

A couple weeks ago we purchased our first piece of furniture for the baby room.
It's pretty much my first baby anything purchase.


Isn't it great?
If you can't tell, it's a dresser-changing table combo.
Once we buy a crib we are going it re-stain the dresser to match.

As I was trying to fall asleep last week I kept having to wipe my nose. I thought it was weird and joked to Max that runny noses are probably a pregnancy symptom. It took a few minutes for me to realize that it was the first-ever-in-my-life bloody nose. Pretty inconvenient timing. There was blood on my pillow, on our sheets. Gross. My dear husband had to change and wash all our bedding while I held my nose. How does a baby growing inside of me cause such a seemingly unrelated event?

I will also note that I have been experiencing the itchy, dry eyes and skin. And I have to pee more frequently. But I don't think you need any further details on those topics.

RESEARCH!
Oh my, there is so much of it to do, but I've been enjoying it for the most part. I like input from people, but I try to avoid posting questions on forums, blogs, facebook, etc.. It is way too much for me to hear 40 opinions on strollers, birthing methods, and diets. Every person has their own unique perspective and preferences. So I just ask the people who I feel have the most similar to me. [Don't hate on me if you're a mom and I haven't asked you anything.]

Here's the "travel system" I've currently got my eye on-


A topic most worthy of discussion though is this, the gender of our wee one! The appointment is set for May 25th and we are so excited to find out. That's only two more weeks! Surprisingly, I can't believe it is coming up so soon. As far as preference, I would like if it's a boy, and Max says he is on the fence but I'm pretty sure he wants a girl. Either way we will be thrilled.

Did I mention that in the last week I have felt a couple kicks and witnessed a bouncing tummy from what I believe was a case of the hiccups for our babe? They were both very exciting and amazing occasions.

And last, but not least,
THE BUMP!
I have noticed a change in my physique for a while now, but every time I took a picture it was less than attractive. Vain, I know, but who really wants to post a picture that will eternally tarnish the world wide web? Isn't there already enough of that out there?
So here it is...


Crazy, crazy.

With all the excitement we have somehow slipped into May! Birthday month for the Mr. and me! His is on Tuesday and mine is the following. We don't have any big plans and we're just doing little presents for each other, but I'm excited to celebrate another year older. How am I another year older? Time sure flies faster than a...a... pregnant lady to an ice cream shop?

:)



1 comment:

  1. so darn adorable Cair! I can't wait to see you and hangout. We have to go to coffee like old times:)

    ReplyDelete