July 5, 2012

I Have Never Loved Someone

Sigh
Deep sigh
Beauty rare and refined
Of a life that grows inside

Steady breathing
Focused watching
Peace never before known
Calming a weary soul

Angst relieved
Pain forgotten
Such subtle movement
Attracting all attention

Bump
Bounce
Nothing more glorious
Elation incomparable

---

Pregnancy is a beautiful and fascinating thing. There is absolutely nothing like it. I've been feeling [mostly] great these days. The days of nausea and overwhelming tiredness have been forgotten and the random kicks and movement throughout the day are so exciting. Every time.

I will say this, people talk about how much you will change once you have a baby. Your sleep schedule, priorities, socialness [I know that's not a word, but it sounds right to me.] While I don't doubt any of that one bit, carrying that life before it is born changes your lifestyle quite a bit. I sleep different, eat different, sit different, spend money different, and I am definitely looking different these days. Change is already here.

Like I said, pregnancy is amazing, and all the alterations to my lifestyle are so worth it. I'm only surprised at how much has already changed in my heart and in the day-to-day things. Glorious indeed, but at times it can feel a little isolating. My mind and heart are often carried away to the day when I get to meet my baby girl and hold her. There's this connection that I am sharing with her, but it will be another 3 months before the rest of the world gets to really be a part of it. Her life is a different reality for me. It's an overwhelming unable-to-not-think-about reality.

So let me just ask you now to please excuse my obsession with my child and the miracle of life [I'm sure other moms understand this already]. And enjoy this beautiful song Shara Worden wrote for her baby boy. [Don't worry, it in no way resembles Scott Stapp's song when he became a father. May that song be forever purged from all of our troubled minds. Amen.] 



With love and great peace in my heart,

C.
and baby


No comments:

Post a Comment