July 11, 2012

Prints & Posters

When it comes to spending money, the husband and I both have our clear tendencies. If given a little extra cash, at any given moment my husband knows exactly where he'd "invest" it [we prefer to use that word instead of "spend"]. Undoubtedly it's for a new vinyl, a plug-in for his synthesizer, or some other music-related item. I love it. It's so not how I think, but I think it's a worthy investment and I always enjoy and benefit from it.

For me, I love little things. With $20 in my pocket I can make a day of thrifting around to find a few trinkets to spruce up the house with. Or a new top. Or some fabric for a sewing project. I love that we can find ways to spend our money and express our creativity at the same time. I think the Mr. and I are pretty perfect for each other.

Of course a baby on the way introduces a whole new world of [I hate when people use this word because it is most often used incorrectly, but I am going to take the plunge...] LITERALLY little things. It is fun and I love it. But I've realized this has in no way negated my love of a good deal. Seriously. I love looking and looking and finding the perfect item at a great price. It's the thrill of the hunt!

And then there's the whole thing about having a new house on the horizon. There are many wonderful things to buy for that. What I've noticed about the things I am pinning and putting on my wish list is that there's a whole lot of art and posters. When it comes to home decorating, displaying visual images, especially non-photographs, was sort of low on the totem pole for a while. At least that's what I've experienced. But now so many styles of art- typography, collage, and illustration, how can you not want to put some it on your walls!

Here are just a few that I like.






1. 2. 3. 4. 5. 6.

The last print one of my sisters gave me for the baby's room. I absolutely love it and am using it as inspiration for my other baby items. Isn't it the cutest?

1 comment: