July 30, 2012

How Do You Do


Psalm 27:14
Wait on the Lord;
Be of good courage,
And He shall strengthen your heart;
Wait, I say, on the Lord!

Our pastor preached yesterday on waiting on the Lord. I don’t know if there could be a timelier message for Max and me right now.

Psalm 37:9
For evildoers shall be cut off;
But those who wait on the Lord,
They shall inherit the earth.

Oh! You don’t say. Inherit the earth? That sounds like a good deal to me.
And here’s another one-
(I used the Message Bible to get a fresh perspective on this often-quoted verse)

Isaiah 40:27-31
Why would you ever complain, O Jacob,
Or whine, Israel, saying,
"God has lost track of me.
   He doesn't care what happens to me"?
Don't you know anything? Haven't you been listening?
God doesn't come and go. God lasts.
   He's Creator of all you can see or imagine.
He doesn't get tired out, doesn't pause to catch his breath.
   And he knows everything, inside and out.
He energizes those who get tired,
   gives fresh strength to dropouts.
For even young people tire and drop out,
   young folk in their prime stumble and fall.
But those who wait upon God get fresh strength.
   They spread their wings and soar like eagles,
They run and don't get tired,
   they walk and don't lag behind.

Just reading those verses and knowing how powerful the truth of them is brings tears to my eyes. I hear that first question a lot [both from my own spirit and from Max’s mouth]. Why would I whine or complain? In my life, and in the last 1.5 years of marriage, God has shown His faithfulness over and over; shown that He never forgets or gives up. He knows His promises better than I do. I even believe He is more passionate about His promises than I am [of this I have been convinced over and over].

Now I take a deep breath.
Now I let it out.
[No, I am not in labor. Sometimes I just have to remind 
myself to do normal things like breath and relax].

New house with your new kitchen, bedrooms, bathrooms, living room, and baby room- you are coming. All in good time. I’ve been losing patience and grace with the ones I have now, but they are only for a time and someday I will miss you.

Baby girl- Oh how excited we are to meet you. The labor to bring you into this world terrifies me. Seriously terrifies. I think about it and start crying some days. [Crazy hormones? I think yes.] But I have the best husband in the world to coach me through it. We started talking about the playlist for the labor and I got excited. Not for the labor, but for being able to listen to and make new memories to my favorite, most relaxing music. In my mind, the playlist and the baby that comes after are the only good parts of labor.

Dreams of my heart and my husband's- You are not impossible or too far off. You are made just for us and even now are unfolding in ways we can't see or understand.

--- 

I look forward to the day, 3 or more months from now when I will read this post, baby girl in my arms, sitting in my new house [fingers crossed], and flooded with all the joy of a victorious champion.
Because I have no doubt that I will be facing all new challenges in that moment and could use a reminder of how good and faithful the Lord is to those who wait on Him.


2 comments:

  1. I feel like I was right where you are about two years ago. Feeling weighed down by disappointment and questioning if any of my dreams would ever come to pass. The answer is yes! God has always been faithful to us and has showered us in the last year with grace and mercy and an over abundance of blessings. Your time will come, in God's timming.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Kaitlin. I can't imagine what life would be like without the encouragement of friends and the knowledge of God's goodness.

      Delete