August 6, 2012

A Room For Little Miss H.

As I've mentioned, [just a couple dozen times] I can't wait to get in our house and setup our nursery. I've shared ideas for the dining and living rooms, but what is really the most exciting is Hanley's room! I'm not huge into themes or bright colors for baby rooms. I want something calm and peaceful. Like many things, my tastes have proven to be expensive. But [again] like many things I am willing to compromise and go DIY. Isn't it more fun to make your own hodgepodge than to follow exactly what someone else has designed? Putting thought and hard work into a project gives me such a feeling of satisfaction and pride.


The contrasting dark wood and light tones of this set from Pottery Barn Kids has been my main inspiration. 

We found a crib and mattress on craigslist that is similar to the one pictured above.
The dresser/changing table, also from craigslist, will [hopefully] look like this once we re-stain it.

Isn't this sheet from Pottery Barn Kids adorable? 
It went on sale so I had to snag one before they sold out.

The nursery has hardwood floors and I'd love to get a lush creamy rug like this one from Ikea to cozy it up.
I've seen this Ikea rocking chair alternative in several nursery designs and I absolutely love it. The minimalist style is great, and from reviews I've read it's also really comfortable and durable. Best of all, the cover is removable and machine washable. But alas, we don't have an Ikea in Spokane and I don't have any trips to Seattle or Portland coming up, so I'm not sure when [or if] I'll get it.

Now that I've shared my ideas for the nursery you can see how perfectly this print fits.
I just need to get a frame for it.

Some pretty sweet/darling stuff, I think.

Baby's arrival is coming so quickly. I can't believe I am almost at 30 weeks! At my dr. appointment the other day he said baby has a strong and healthy heartbeat and that everything is measuring right on schedule. There aren't words to describe how wonderful a feeling that is. He also said that if it seems like it's been going by fast so far, it's about to get even faster. There's such a mix of excitement, nervousness, and [lots] of anxiousness. I just keep reminding myself to breath deep and enjoy every moment of the journey.



No comments:

Post a Comment