August 21, 2012

Rainy Day Inspiration

Rainy days after a slew of blazing ones make me romantic and wistful. Today is a wonderful reprieve from the 100+ temps we've been having. Just before 6am Max and I awoke to startling thunder. It was beautiful. I love waking up to thunder and rain, especially when the window by our bed is open. It put me in the mood for some cutesy musical duets, Pete Yorn+Scarlett Johansson, M.Ward+Zooey, Andrew Bird+Emily Loizeau.
---
Because I love having all my senses awakened so sweetly- by a cool breeze, thunder, soft colors in our room, rain's sweet smells, and a cozy bed- I wanted to share some gentle sweet things with you.
---
Although they aren't so romantic, here's a song from one very talented male+female duet, David Byrne and St. Vincent. They are releasing an album September 11th and I am pretty excited. They create some marvelous sounds together.

---
Some images from favim

---
I love pictures that you can feel the texture in.
These ones make me especially excited for fall's crisp cool air.
---
A couple at our birth class gave us one ginormous zucchini and the cooler weather today is perfect for baking some zucchini bread tonight. I love the smell [and taste!] of freshly baked bread. Who doesn't?



No comments:

Post a Comment