August 14, 2012

A [Slightly] More Epic Decision

Remember when I said that thing yesterday about making an “epic decision,” well I was about 99.999% joking. I said that to make light of a slightly bigger decision Max and I had to make last week. I feel like we’ve had a lot of those this year. As stressful and overwhelming as they are, I love that each one we have talked through and made together. It’s been quite a pleasant surprise to feel continually more “joined” as we journey.

Last week’s decision-

When we made an offer on a house back in May, we knew it could easily take 3 months to hear back from the bank. Yet the 3 months has felt so much longer, especially as my belly grows and my patience and energy deplete. But here we are mid-August and no news other than that it is moving along, but still in the process. The tricky part is that our 6 month lease ends August 31st and we found out last Wednesday that we had two days to either resign or say we were moving out. In hindsight, it wasn't really that hard, but because we felt rushed, confused, and discouraged [mostly me on that one] it was big.

We’ve decided to move out on the 31st and move in with my parents until things with our offer clear up. We don’t know how long this will be, but we all feel a peace about it. Our main reason for moving out is that it will make the move into our house much easier. Everything will be packed up and we’ll just need to get it out of storage. Even as we have begun packing [we’ve got 2.5 weeks], I can’t imagine trying to do this a month later in the pregnancy or with a newborn. It is exhausting and overwhelming [and we’ve been finding lots of spiders, yuk!].

So there it is. In answer to the many questions, our baby room is not setup. It is currently non-existent. Our house is being overtaken by boxes and our baby furniture is in a pile in the basement and her clothes are in a box. As much as this hurts my heart, I am confident that all of these details are really not that important. We have a healthy baby on the way and we are surrounded by amazingly supportive friends and family. Not to mention a loving Father in Heaven who knows [and wants to meet] every need before we even ask. Those are good things.

 Here's the packing process so far.
I picked up all those boxes from the grocery store this morning. We'll see how far they get us. We've got a ways to go...




1 comment: