August 13, 2012

An Epic Decision

Monday? Is that really you?
I don't know what happened to the weekend. Or what happened to the first two weeks of August. But somehow they have come and gone without asking if I cared to hold on to them.

The weekend was full. Of course. Everyone tells us that once we have the baby we won't be able to run around and do whatever we'd like, so we cram our days/weekends/weeks full. And then I'm exhausted and want to lay around and sleep all day. I've been having some pretty frustrating sciatic nerve problems which will be fine for a day, so I'll be out walking and sitting on the ground. Living like my body is my own. But when one is 7 months pregnant it is most definitely not. All of this will leave me with a limp for several days, making me feel like a total gangster [ha!]. Our birth teacher [is that the proper term?] said there are some massages and chiropractic exercises that can dramatically help the nerve, so until I try them out I will stop complaining. [I really hate when people complain about things that have a simple solution].

Moving on...

I wish it was the opposite, but getting married and being pregnant has decreased my personal journal-ing. My current journal has taken me far too long to fill up [I can't stand to quit partway through]. As I am on the last pages, I'm excited to start a new one and have begun the hunt. Am I the only one who views a new journal as a new adventure? It's ridiculous how many stores I go to and how picky I am about something as simple as a journal. Thankfully my dear sweet husband caters to my "needs" and doesn't get annoyed when I leave another store empty handed. He even tries to help me out. Such a patient man.

Here's the deal: The journal can't be too big, thick, or heavy. It can't be too busy or too plain. The pages can't have far-spaced lines, but they can't be so overdone that there's no room to write. And they can't be over $20. Most importantly the book has to say "Carrie, write in me". I have to be inspired by it. 

Am I a little ridiculous?

This blog I follow featured this wonderful print shop last week. From what I can gather via the the interweb, their journals are just what I am looking for. They have some lovely designs, too many in fact, and I can't decide which one to get.

Grey Stripes
Balloons
Thoughts of a Major Journals
Soft Bouquet
You can change the title on this one. I love the design.
Words Not War
Flag Parade

Now that I put them all next to each other I think I like certain ones more.
Which is your favorite?
It's a pretty epic decision, right?


1 comment: