October 1, 2014

31 Days of Writing - 31 Days of Knowing



There’s a deep divide in my soul between wanting to know, and aching to be known. I don’t need a ten-year life plan, or a certainty that my curly hair will come back and my body will survive unscathed from childbirth & babies. My mind feels scrambled-overwhelmed, wondering if I’m doing this parenting thing right, and how to balance spontaneity, budgets, discipline, and loving. Contentment is a hard place to find, that’s a no-brainer. But I know where it comes from- in being known. At the base or top of mountains, it doesn't matter which, if we are known, we are at peace. Five hundred friends, followers, or fans isn't the goal. If there is one who can see (and still love) our soul, everything else quiets and we can be.

It's an exhausting tension we live in, urged to know and master life, but in it all to honor simplicity and being. I've realized how much it affects my daily life- thought processes, priorities, communication. To be worn thin by it is normal, but not necessary. There's a crazy belief I carry that embracing the two together can push us further than if we only lived with one- Knowing & Being Known.

---

Writing has been difficult lately, not because of business or boredom. It's a lack of discipline and value. Accepting that it's okay to say the same thing twice, not always have the perfect perspective, most of all to not know who I am as a writer. So this will be a month of exploring. Some days will be short blurbs, and others cluttered and clumsy. But my hope is that in the wandering I'll find peace with being known, even in the midst of the unknown.

---

For the month of October I am participating in the 31 Days Writing Challenge put on by the lovely Myquillyn Smith of The Nesting Place. Read about it and find other bloggers here.

And the rest of my posts-

Day Two: Angsty Anxiousness
Day Three: Transplanting Grace
Day Four: A Moment On a Saturday
Day Five: Pause
Day Six: -ING
Day Seven: Day Seven
Day Eight: 27 Weeks Along, 3 Months to Go
Day Nine: A Place of Knowing
Day Ten: Mommy-ed Out
Day Eleven: Day Eleven

2 comments:

  1. The beauty of writing down our thoughts as an offering (however unsure or reluctant we may feel) is how they end up resonating in other hearts and souls. I am very interested in following your journey this month. I am sure God will continue to speak to you, and through you. He is so cool that way:)

    ReplyDelete