October 7, 2014

Day Seven


The light this time of year kills me. From my couch by the corner window of my house I sit and look out, amazed at how perfect those yellowing leaves look against a bright blue sky. It's all so effortless, so humbly glorious. It inspires me to live not toiling or striving, but present. Willing to let the brightness of the Son shine on me, and a crisp breeze of the Spirit blow through my bones. It's that "smiles at the future" attitude I desire. Not begging for change, not holding onto yesterday's season- a heart at peace with the blooming and the dying, the blossoming and the fading.

She is clothed with strength and dignity, and she laughs without fear of the future.



For the month of October I am participating in the 31 Days Writing Challenge put on by the lovely Myquillyn Smith of The Nesting Place. Read about it and find other bloggers here.

2 comments:

  1. Wow. I just spotted that verse while flipping through scriptures. I wrote it down in my journal to hopefully keep it close to my heart. I want this to be, in me, part of who I am. For now I am trying for it. But I hope it will just 'be' soon. Thanks again.

    ReplyDelete