October 10, 2014

A Place of Knowing



As I've finished my first week of "31 Days" I've realized there are places where writing is natural and flows easily, places where I feel known. My first pick would be on a warm beach with a cool breeze. That doesn't happen very often, but luckily I'm inspired by most any cozy place. Lately it's the couch by my front window. We can get some amazing sunset views and there's an assortment of deciduous trees for the sun to make its last glow upon.

A change of scenery always sparks new inspiration in me. With my random bursts of nesting energy I've been working on a room in our basement where I can relax and write. Somewhere away from the toys and dishes and unswept floors. A place for me to be known, not distracted by knowing. It's nothing pretty yet, but I've been gathering various sentimental objects to create an atompmosphere of cozy.

That's another thing I've realized as I finish up Day Nine- I'm greatly inspired by sentimentality. Looking through old pictures and writings sparks a warmth of love in my heart that almost always leads to creating.

Right now this desk in the centerpiece of my sentimental cozy. It was at my grandparents ever since I remember and it was always a favorite of mine. I was recently able to "inherit" it and it still holds all the magic I remember.


For the month of October I am participating in the 31 Days Writing Challenge put on by the lovely Myquillyn Smith of The Nesting Place. Read about it and find other bloggers here.

No comments:

Post a Comment