October 11, 2014

Day Eleven



Formalizing words with actions
Laying down distractions
Eyes must keep from straying
True message of love relaying

These moments so tender
Our Creator did render
To hold close as a prize
If only we'll realize

Tomorrow will come
Slower for others than some
For us, we can convey
Messages of thankfulness for today

---

I have a difficult relationship with around-the-world-awareness. I love being brought out of my bubble, seeing how others live, and thus challenged to live a life more full. Yet it's easy to get carried away, losing the fine line between a safe learning experience, and having fear, guilt, and depression.

As with all difficult things these days I'm choosing thankfulness, peace, and to be stirred to love deeper and more true.

---

For the month of October I am participating in the 31 Days Writing Challenge put on by the lovely Myquillyn Smith of The Nesting Place. Read about it and find other bloggers here.

1 comment:

  1. For being strangers, we are a lot alike:) I am around some who seem to crave world news, and dark conversations about dark happenings. I pray. Pray through my sensitive heart, and through tears, and yes, too often, guilt. But you are right. We can choose to focus on Christ and His gifts, and walk in the faith that these gifts are being experienced by other throughout the world, no matter how tragic their circumstances. He is faithful, and a very present help in times of trouble!

    ReplyDelete