October 5, 2014

Pause



Garden offers a harvest of weeds
Once inspired projects pile on counters
But today there is sun to soak up
Books to be lost in
Most of all a child to watch blissfully play
Dumping water on patio, lawn, self
For today that is all I need
That is what completes.

Soul's tendency is to wander
Such a bright, sparkling world attracts
Wires cross this way and that
We wonder where the wonder went
Hidden under hurried days
Tucked behind worried thoughts
Waiting for a heart to be stilled
Pause, breath deep, and enjoy.


Maybe I cheated on this one. I wrote it a while ago and kept coming back to it but it didn't feel ready. Today not being 100% "ready" is okay with me.

I'm often reminded of this re-prioritizing, as are many moms- really any of us that live busy lives. Re-discovering the wonder and peace in life is what this project is all about so I thought it deserved for me to finally hit the "publish" button.

Through each post and re-discovery I'm struck by how simple it is. Simple, but not easy.


For the month of October I am participating in the 31 Days Writing Challenge put on by the lovely Myquillyn Smith of The Nesting Place. Read about it and find other bloggers here.

1 comment: