August 18, 2011

Homey Things

I have been obsessed with house things of late.  I love finding new decorating ideas and personal touches and trinkets.  Fortunately for Max, I shop with a small allowance, a critical eye, and good self control. Mostly it's been a lot of looking and finding the perfect item.  My general rule for shopping is to look around, and if I find something I like, give myself a couple days to think about it.  If the item plagues my sleeping and my waking I go back, and if they still have it, it's a sign of destiny.  I buy it.


I've been looking for a smaller, unique candle holder for our kitchen table for a while now but have had no luck.  Since the wedding I've pretty much steered clear of Etsy [navigating through all of the "unique" and "handmade" items made me nauseous].  But I decided to plunge back in and see if I could hold my breath long enough to find something. And I got sucked into the deep. Several items, although overpriced, are good ideas for diy.  And thus, in the end I have to decided to craft my own candle holders.

Here are some other little items I liked.
  
Black Mini Candelabra
Yellow Floral Candle Holders

Country Clock
    
 
These are from Anthropologie, but I am in love with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment