August 16, 2011

A River of Life

And he showed me a pure river of water of life, clear as crystal, proceeding from the throne of God and of the Lamb. In the middle of its street, and on either side of the river, was the tree of life, which bore twelve fruits, each tree yielding its fruit every month. The leaves of the tree were for the healing of the nations. [Revelation 22:1-2]

This has been my life verse for quite some time now. I can't totally explain it, I've just had an attraction to it. Our pastor preached a message on Sunday about the Holy Spirit and referenced this verse. It stirred in me with renewed passion- To see purity and life flowing from the holiest place, onto the dirty and dry streets, causing living things to spring up, bearing healing. Not just healing for an individual person, but for nations!
I love it. How could you not?

That brings me to my second matter of business.
Water.
I love it.
I know I've said it before, but there is something so magical about being by it and watching it stretch across the earth. In it I find hope, excitement, inspiration. If you've ever seen Chariots of Fire, or even if you haven't, you know that line he says about running. "And when I run I feel His pleasure." That's what I feel when I sit by the water. I'll be the first to say that its a bit silly to feel something so powerful while simply sitting, but it's truth, and there's nothing I can do about it.

When I was looking for a new image for the header of my blog I found a lot of beautiful water shots, but settled on this one because it was simple and imperfect. Yet it was true. That's what I love about the water. It can be very simple, but we are overcome by its strength.

To my third matter of business. After an amazing message on the water of the Holy Spirit, Max and I went out to the lake with my sister and a friend. Here are a couple shots. [ps. that dress is this summer's favorite.]




 "A cool breeze swept off her shores, and beckoned us to know her true blue waters."

No comments:

Post a Comment