August 4, 2011

And We're Back!

We rolled into town last night about ten and rolled into bed as soon as possible.
As I was getting a few things out of my suitcase last night I was struck by how tired I was after vacationing for 5 days. It's a bit ridiculous. We work so hard to get ready for vacation, and then work hard again when we come home in order to catch up. But perhaps this is what happens when you fill your vacation with such a variety of activities.

 I thought we were a pretty good looking couple driving over for our show in Kennewick.


 Very fun show at the Red Room with Shannon Stevens and Hey Marseilles. We played with Shannon again on Saturday in Seattle and all felt so privileged to share the stage with her.

What are the odds that our two very dear friends, John and Leah, were getting married on the west side of state the day we were driving over! Max and I were so glad we got be there. Such a beautiful occasion that prompted tears several times. I really can't help it when two amazing people are joined so perfectly. I'm just a romanticist.

Lunch stop on the road!


 Two looong days of wearing contacts meant a glasses day was necessary. It worked out pretty well while it was raining. And then it got sunny. And I was trying to drive. Thus glasses with glasses. Pretty cutting edge.


This, I would call disgusting. A real quick glimpse at the sort of shopping opportunities in Sunriver. I believe that is supposed to be a nightgown.


Enchiladas for 32 Sonnelands at reunion. Two of those trays are double stacked.
 [Note: we did not eat all of them. There was a good amount leftover for lunch.]


Doubly exposed because there was lots of it. Reading time. And truck time with Josiah.

Neither of us are really that great at taking pictures. I'm usually more concerned with having fun than capturing every moment. But there were definitely some fun times. Lots of swimming [which for me equals reading in a swimsuit by the pool], biking, and hanging out. We also found what I like to call our "couple sport", tennis! I had played occasionally, but this was Max's first time and he was a natural [of course]. So now we are set on buying our own rackets and balls and hitting up the courts. Lucky for us there are some just a short bike ride away. We're pretty convinced that we're going to become amazing, fyi.

Vacationing allowed quite a bit of thinking, and thus writing, so I will be sharing more soon!

2 comments:

  1. We were so happy and blessed that you and Max were able to make it!
    AND... we LOVE Hey Marseilles! We saw them at the Wild Buffalo in Bellingham with Russ and Amanda and Brother Worm!

    ReplyDelete