January 12, 2012

Snail Mail: A Resolution

We are now in week #2 of 2012 and I would have to say, so far so good!
I'm feeling like I'm on the right track to a wonderful year.

As far as resolutions go, my mind won't make itself up. The independent young lady in me wants to throw them to the wind and march to my own drum, and let it change tempos as it pleases. The getter-done in me loves goals. And even more than that, loves sticking to them until they're done. Yet, I still hold my resolutions loosely. I don't want to be a slave to "a good idea". My boss said this and I would quite agree, "it's not about working up the will-power, but walking in God's grace." And that's good stuff!

So a resolution I have this year is more snail-mail correspondence! There has been far too much reliance on facebook and the like, and that just isn't the same. In my high school years I would collage all sorts of cards and notes, and I loved it. But these days, it just doesn't happen. So to give myself a little help I made these lil' designs thee ol' computer.





Two things I love very much.
Anchors. Because I love the sea.
Hot Air Balloons. My grandmother loved them. 
She passed away shortly after I got married.
So for me and my siblings, they are a very special thing.

The designs are simple, but I'm alright with that.


C.

1 comment:

  1. so cute Cair! I love the cards and hope to find one in my mail;)
    I agree though...there needs to me more snail mail correspondence in my life as well. i miss eet alottt!

    ReplyDelete