January 21, 2012

Vintage Fabric + Embroidery Hoops

I saw this little idea on pinterest the other day, and decided to try my hand at making a few for my sewing/crafting room. I already had a bag full of vintage fabric scraps, so it was just a matter of deciding on a theme and buying the hoops ($1.25 each). The only difficult part was the "H". I could have easily used the sewing machine, but hand-sewing sounded so fun. We've been hit with a snow storm and I thought it would be good way to relax and pass the time. Next time I think I'll use the machine.




I'm thinking about starting my Etsy shop back up. I would post a few clothing items I've made, do some custom vintage fabric hoop sets, maybe lacey jar candle holders, whatever little diy project I'm currently obsessed with, and definitely some vintage thrift store finds. What do you think? 

1 comment:

  1. oh so cute. I've been wanting to make some of those also. Haven't gotten around to it yet, but hopefully soon! miss you dear friend and our crafting days together

    ReplyDelete