June 6, 2011

Faire de la Bicyclette

Whew, what a weekend!
It went by in a flash. But it really was lovely. We finally got a nice weekend, and I was in heaven.
I have been dying to wear all my summer dresses and finally got the chance to start pulling them out!
The mid-70s felt glorious, leaving me in a struggle to imagine what 100 will feel like...

I have to share my new dress.
I got it at H&M in Portland. Unfortunately it was a pretty disappointing shopping experience other than this dress. I am still having a hard time with the extreme 90s wear coming back in, and they had a lot of that going on. Max and I were wondering if that's how people become out of style [refusing to wear things as an adult that they wore as a small child, thus jumping right out of the fashion loop].

Anyways I love that it's so light and flowy...and the blue and red together! I think it might be my summer dress for weddings. My sister actually got it too. But since she is moving across the country we thought it'd be okay.

We had a wonderful bike ride yesterday and I thought it'd be the perfect time to take a couple shots of the dress.
Note our adorbs matching waterbottles, my cute-o ring, and the large amount of pollen on my shoe!

 

 


We stopped through a couple parks on our way down the hill, enjoying the sights and smells of late spring. Over to the beloved Anderson home for laughter and dinner [of course]. And then 20 blocks of uphill riding. Max quite unfortunately busted his gear within 30 seconds and had to ride the whole way up in 3rd. No fun for him. Yet he still managed to beat me up while I struggled to breathe [evidence once again of my inactiveness]. I will say that I felt like quite a conquerer once we made it home though. And I have no soreness, hallelujah!

No comments:

Post a Comment