June 4, 2011

A Good Read.

I love reading. Not in the fanatical way that I can pick up anything and plunge right in, any moment of the day. 
I would describe it as...a sacred experience. But I don't make any sort of animal sacrifices to kick things off.

How about I re-phrase things a smidgen. 
I love when I find a good book and get completely carried away in it. 
Where time is never of the essence. 
It's the characters, the story, the history, the culture that matter.

I would definitely say that books on other cultures are my favorites.
Of course a Jane Austen is good any day, but the ones that completely steal my attention are of far away times and places; things I have no personal experience with.



 
Summer seems to provide a lot of good reading opportunities. 
I really hate [and am slightly ashamed] to admit it, but I am not an active person. 
So on family vacations while others play in the pool for hours, or go out for several tennis matches, I will be in heaven simply reading the day away in the sunshine.

 In my old room at my parent's house I had an old armchair that I would curl up in and read, read away.
I have yet to establish a "reading spot" in our house. 
It has to be somewhere I can't notice what needs to be cleaned. 
But not too comfortable, or it will be mere moments before I drift off. 
We just ordered a new couch and I'm looking at getting a good armchair or two, so perhaps that shall solve that dilemma. I'll just have keep my fingers crossed for a killer deal.

I've realized I have no summer reading list yet, and shall have to work on that.
Now that you know my preferred styles, what do you suggest?

C.


No comments:

Post a Comment