June 10, 2011

Here or There

I've been putting more thought to my thoughts on reading. What's inspiring [and a little surprising] is the amount of writings from years past that I have made on reading.

Here's some wonderful places I'd love to spend reading and some writings on reading. Enjoy!
Pemberley
Vineyard in Southern France
Mediterranean   
Oh terrifying aim of a writer intending
That sitting in quiet
Should my mind be stolen.
Book swallows me whole,
Digesting me into characters
Long ago, and far away. 
The world is seized and thrown 
A whirlwind of spinning.
I alone 
Am left unmoved. 
Blood no longer commanded by the heart,
But by mighty words
Woefully written on the page.
 Silence does not suffocate
'Tis the ticking of the clock, 
Groaning of the wood. 
Hush! 
Be silent world around me! 
All motion with fury charges. 
But fearfully met
With the deafening silence of truth.

No comments:

Post a Comment