October 15, 2011

Grace Kelly: An Icon

I was looking through pictures of actresses in the 50s, and I would have to say Grace Kelly is my favorite.  She is breathtaking.  Not to mention she married the prince of Monaco.  Although she isn't as well known as Audrey Hepburn or Marilyn Monroe, her elegance and femininity have won me over.  Perhaps that just comes with having the name Grace.  Or perhaps she's just gorgeous.

Although she retired at age 26 after getting married, she put out some of my favorite classic films; Rear Window, To Catch a Thief, Dial M For Murder, and High Society.  Tragically she died at 53 when she had a stroke while driving and lost control, crashing off the cliffs of Monaco.

Here are some of my favorite shots.

 
 
  

So lovely.
I might have to do some more "style icon" posts.

And soon I shall post photos from my "Rock the Frock" session last week.
Stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment