October 25, 2011

Wordified: Pioneer

What an incredible weekend. Our church had our annual Awakening Cry conference, 'twas amazing. I am of the internal processing variety, so after several challenging messages, I have thus been left in a state of pondering.
One of my favorite parts about marriage is that after mulling things over, you have someone right there to share your thoughts with. And this weekend Max and I have had some great chats. I am so blessed to have a husband that shares many of my passions so we can be mutually encouraged, but he is also different enough to bring another perspective.

We have both been feeling change in the air the last month or so. It's not just the leaves turning golden, it's something greater that is producing anticipation in our hearts. We know in part what God is calling us to, but it leaves a lot of questions and uncertainties. We know that it means stepping out in new things, and not just new for us, but new for the world. I can't even count all the times people have told us we are different, and called to do different things. For some people that seems to mean a glorious light from Heaven shining down on us. For me, it means travelling off the beaten path, into the wilderness of the never-been-done. Scary. I picture us as pilgrims, venturing out into the vast unknown, facing our fears, and hoping we can overcome our obstacles. I remind myself of the celebration of thankfulness the pilgrims had, even in the midst of their trials. I really don't think Max and I will be freezing or starving to death. And the risk of getting scalped isn't quite so real to us.

So for this week's word, you can see why I picked it. I thought about writing something, but could only hear the words of this song Rick Pino sang this weekend. I hope it leaves you as encouraged and full of faith as it did for me.

pi·o·neer
noun \ˌpī-ə-ˈnir\
1. A member of a military unit usually of construction engineers
2. a : A person or group that originates or helps open up a new line of thought or activity or a new method or technical development b : one of the first to settle in a territory
3. A plant or animal capable of establishing itself in a bare, barren, or open area and initiating an ecological cycle

(Definition #2 is the one I am keying in on)
---

Pioneer, Pioneer
Keep pressing onwards beyond your fears
And only your Father goes before you to your own frontier
Youʼre a Pioneer

Uncharted wilderness stretches before you
And you thrive on going where no one has gone
Still it gets lonely when darkness rears
So sing by the fire until the dawn

You travel light and you travel alone
And when you arrive nobody knows
But your Father in heaven, He is glad you can go
Cause those who come after you will need the road
And what you have done, others will do
Bigger and better and faster than you
But you canʼt look back, you gotta keep on pressing through
Thereʼs a wilderness pathway and itʼs calling you
---
Does perfect planning always produce perfect peace? Not for me. It is fearless faith that goes into that factory, and the product of peace is becoming my portion.


with love,
C.


No comments:

Post a Comment