October 4, 2011

Wordified: Ubiquitous

I've been wearing sweaters the last few days and remembering the challenge of dressing for a new season. Does anyone else have this problem?  I get so used to putting on a little dress and flats for a night out, and then all of the sudden I've got to find the right tights, and sweater, and jacket to match.  Such a tormented life I live.  But there is something in the air that makes it all worth it.  I look out the window, and my heart feels suddenly full and at peace.  It makes me fall in love all over again, with Max, with our house, with the whole world.

While writing this I have been listening to Mark Mathis.  He's one of those artists I forget about for a little bit, but when I come back around to his music, it's instant joy.  There are so many memories that flood.  Especially fall ones.  The overall emotion is love for the things around me, yet a hunger for more, to go deeper, and to live in a more real and authentic way.  I think that's a good effect.

Here's this week's word-

ubiq·ui·tous adj \yü-ˈbi-kwə-təs\
Existing or being everywhere at the same time : constantly encountered : widespread

When I ponder the contents
Of this heart uncontented
Of this soul ever wandering
Toward its sole fulfillment
I arrive at its ubiquitous Lord.

Where to be thrown before
The Almighty Throne
Which planned and planted
My life be ever panting
For the streams of its ubiquitous Lord.


Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me all the days of my life;
And I will dwell in the house of the Lord forever. ~ Psalm 23:6

No comments:

Post a Comment